Radial Pulse Wave Therapy is not something most of us have heard of. And we don’t usually talk about erectile dysfunction!
That’s because erectile dysfunction is no laughing matter. It’s sneaky too: No man of any age is immune. But it’s a widespread issue and nothing to be ashamed of.
Being open about the problem with your healthcare provider may bring solutions that you weren’t expecting. Solutions beyond taking the little blue pill. Solutions that aren’t just band-aids.
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a term that gets thrown around a lot. Specifically, ED is the inability to achieve, or maintain, a full erection. The primary cause of ED is simply restricted and/or reduced blood flow. Inadequate blood flow can be the result of high cholesterol, blood pressure, and heart conditions. Once the problem begins, it can cause stress and mental blocks. This makes the problem worse and generates a catch-22 situation.
Other symptoms that can come with ED are
- weak erections
- shorter duration
- reduced girth
- longer recovery periods during intimacy
- reduced sensitivity
No one need suffer these symptoms. And that includes you. Nowadays there are all kinds of ways to treat ED. One of the most effective and long-lasting, for example, is Radial Pulse Wave Therapy.
Radial Pulse Wave Therapy for Erectile Dysfunction
You may have read recently about the incredible healing effects of Shockwave Therapy when used on injured soft tissue. That might be things like shoulder injuries and tendonitis. A similar method that reduces pain and promotes healing is Radial Pulse Wave Therapy (RPWT).
RPWT delivers radial pulse waves into chronically injured tissue, which breaks up scar tissue and creates new healthy blood flow.
How is this method translated to treating ED?
As we saw earlier, the main cause of ED is restricted and/or reduced blood flow. Radial Pulse Wave Therapy breaks up plaque that has formed in your blood vessels. It also stimulates the growth of new blood vessels in your penis. This increases the blood flow and improves sexual function.
In addition, the pulse wave therapy procedure activates the development of new nerve tissue in your penis. This can increase your sensitivity.
The Benefits of Radial Pulse Wave Therapy
When you take a look at the possible benefits of getting RPWT, you can see why so many men who have erectile dysfunction choose to undergo treatment. Benefits include:
- increased stamina
- more frequent erections
- larger girth
- more spontaneous intimacy
- increased sensation
- shorter time between erections
- enhanced erections
- increased sensitivity
- improved sexual performance
- better orgasms
In 2010, a study found that among 20 men with vasculogenic ED, all experienced improved erectile function after six months of shockwave treatment. Follow-up with the men saw no adverse effects.
As with every type of treatment or therapy, Radial Pulse Wave Therapy has its pros and cons.
Pros of Radial Pulse Wave Therapy
- Other forms of therapy for erectile dysfunction require medication. But Radial Pulse Wave Therapy requires no medication.
- RPWT will not increase your heart rate or negatively affect your blood pressure like other ED treatments do.
- The equipment and procedures to administer RPWT are standardized ones to ensure results and safety.
- The effects of RPWT last for 2-3 years after completion of a treatment plan.
- Radial Pulse Wave Therapy takes less than 30 minutes, so you can do it during the lunch hour. There is no downtime – you can engage in activities as soon as you want to.
- Radial Pulse Wave Therapy addresses the cause of ED, poor blood flow. It’s a solution, not a band-aid.
- You don’t need to schedule intimacy like you do with pills that only last a few hours.
- RPWT can treat Peyronie’s disease by breaking down micro plaque and creating consistent blood flow through the penis.
Cons associated with Radial Pulse Wave Therapy
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) hasn’t approved shockwave therapy as a treatment for ED.
- Use of Radial Pulse Wave Therapy outside of a research setting is still off-label.
- Depending on your provider, there may be risks that the provider does not explain to you properly, or the treatment may not live up to its promises, for example.
- Insurance does not usually cover Radial Pulse Wave Therapy.
Quick check: Frequently asked questions
How does it work?
This is a non-invasive procedure. First, the practitioner applies a gel-coated probe onto the penis. Secondly, the probe sends radial pulse waves straight into your erectile tissue. This dislodges plaque build-up from blood vessels, increasing the body’s ability to heal and regrow tissues and arteries.
How long does it take?
One session typically takes between 15 and 20 minutes. And you need no anesthesia. So, once the treatment is over, you can go back to your regular activities without any aching or remaining discomfort.
How fast does it work?
You can expect to notice an improvement within a few weeks of your initial treatment routine.
How many treatments will I need?
It depends on your situation. But it usually takes 6-12 treatments of RPWT to heal ED.
What if I have a pre-existing condition like a heart condition?
The side effects of this therapy are few and far between. So it’s considered to be safe for men with, for example, pre-existing health conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, or heart disease.
Am I a good candidate for RPWT?
You should consider this therapy for erectile dysfunction if your symptoms frustrate you. For instance, this treatment may help you if you have
- difficulty achieving an erection
- difficulty maintaining an erection for the desired length of time
- penile curvature associated with Peyronie’s disease
…or if you want
- a fuller erection
- a long-lasting solution to ED
Are you ready for real solutions?
Are you ready to support penis health and enhance sexual pleasure and performance? You can! In just six 15-20 minute sessions, you can experience optimal results.
The first step is to get in touch with us to schedule an appointment. At your appointment, we’ll provide you with a health report and get you set up with a customized treatment plan. It’s that easy to start feeling your best with Health on your Horizon!